Sunday 10 April 2011

Train Scene - Update

To save time I decided to rig my character model using the pre-made biped tool so that I could animate him for the train scene. The rigging went very well and even animates with the extra clothes I modelled originally without clipping.

Having done this I imported my character into the scene and linked him to the train using the link constraint tool. This meant that he would move with the train as the train moved along the track.

I then spent a great deal of time manually animating the character to run across the roof of the train carraige and then jump across to the next one. I realise I could have used the footsteps tool that comes with the biped but decided not too as it felt like the software was doing the work for me.

Here is the animation I have so far:


The animation isnt as great as I would like as it looks like he is running faster than the actual distance he travels but overall I am happy with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment