Tuesday 12 April 2011

Plane Scenes - Test Renders

I've spent some time animating the BD-5 Microjet model and the Missile to make the first few scenes of my trailer. I also had to create the scenes which they feature in meaning I also had to model the hanger which the plane flies through and the launcher for the missile.

The introduction scene - The plane is seen flying low over the terrain.

 

The trees in this scene are the same models I used in the car scene and are a downloaded model. Check the previous blog posts for the reference link.

The missile is launched leaving a trail of smoke.

 

The smoke is a variation of the particle generation system I used when I orginally created the missile. It is produced using Super Spray particle system. It produces spheres at a high frequency and quite close together. To give the smoke effect a smoke opacity map is used.

The missile gets close to the plane but bond makes a last minute dodge.


Probably my favorite scene of my trailer. It looks really nice in high quality. The downside is that I havn't managed to put my character model into the cockpit of the plane due to not being able to resize the biped it uses. If I have time I may come back to this scene and attempt to upscale the scene for the model.

The plane flies into the air hanger to escape the missile.


Quite a simple scene which does the job but feels quite empty to me. It could do with some extra people running around or some props.

Cockpit view as the plane flies through the hanger.



I had trouble getting the lighting to work in this scene as it was incredibly dark inside the hanger while using the daylight system. In the end I had to remove the daylight system during this scene. It reduces the overall qaulity more than I would like but its the best I could get.

The plane squeezes through the doors and escapes.

 

The final scene in which the plane is used. I'm fairly happy with how the animation has come along for these scenes. The particle system for the missile smoke especially adds to the realism. If I had more time I would probably add extra characters to the scene involving the hanger as in the actual film there is a lot of soldiers running around.

No comments:

Post a Comment