Wednesday 2 February 2011

Research Board

Having not watched very many James Bond films I found choosing one to base my project on to be quite difficult. Therefore I went through a number of original trailers and teasers to find a film that had common objects seen throughout the trailer (and film itself) that could be recreated in 3D. This meant anything that was shown more than once and seemed important to the plot of the film.

The reason I did this was that I understood that there would be a limit on how many objects I would be able to create and animate in the amount of time set for the project and choosing clear iconic objects would best help explain the narrative plot of the film in my finished trailer.

I eventually decided on Octopussy as my film of choice. Its an old and not quite as popular film of the series but seems to have some great action scenes and a number of iconic objects would be possible to model and animated on my currently developing modelling skills.

Here is a quick research board highlighting some of these objects as well as the overall theme of the film:

No comments:

Post a Comment