Monday 7 February 2011

Practising With 3D Studio Max

Since starting the module I have managed to get hold of a free copy of 3D Studio Max from the official website under an education student license. This has allowed me to practise using the software at home and I have made a number of small models.















This desk chair has been my best model so far taking a total of six hours (it did not go perfectly) to create. I followed a tutorial guide online to make it and learned a lot of new techniques and found some useful features. The 'Loft' tool inparticular is very useful as it converts, with a shape reference, any line drawing into a full 3D object. Other tools like FFD 4x4x4 was great at shaping the chair seat.

I also explored the use of lighting to give the model a more natural feel and am looking forward to moving onto more complicated modelling techniques as well as animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment